TuathaDea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Home
 Recent
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Gaurdians or Defiant, PvP or PvE

+8
Garrok
Insanekanifer
Numenor
Solidhero22
Maug
KillMachine/Keilia
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Tolgeranth
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gaurdians or Defiant, PvP or PvE - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaurdians or Defiant, PvP or PvE

Post by CelticWarrior Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:06 pm

I'll choose whichever faction u guys wana do. Mages are usually my choice. i gotta look over the classes for each faction i guess.
CelticWarrior
CelticWarrior
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Gaurdians or Defiant, PvP or PvE - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaurdians or Defiant, PvP or PvE

Post by Tolgeranth Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:27 pm

Gaurdian... we have Dwarves !!!!!!! You are going to love the character system you can build your toon however you want. 9 different souls (per archetype) to choose from and you can mix and match them however you want. You can use up to 3 souls at a time, with 4 completely different builds per character. I will explain it better on vent tonight.
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuri Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:43 pm

Megabyte wrote:Personally, if we want to be a successful PVP guild I feel that we should go on a PVP server. Effective organization and communication with other members of our faction will be easier to do on a PVP server as opposed to an RP-PVP server simply because more people will be there for PVP. As for the turd-burglars, ignore them, easy fix.

Pure PVP servers generally have a higher population which means more world PVP and a better economy as well.

Also, Guardians all the way. Instant Queue times are worth far more than some racial abilities with a 5 min CD. Also, Dwarves.

RP folks will not roll on a pvp server to sit on their hands.. they just battle in character.. There will no doubt be wars between guilds, blood feuds, and lots of everything else in between, you will just get ganked without being spit on Laughing

Also remember that warfronts are cross server, you will get a chance to roll or be rolled by the elite pvpers, you just won't have to listen the epeen waggling in general chat all day long. Trade chat is also used frequently on an RP server as most of them will keep general turned off, or simply not talk their unless there is a good reason.
Kuri
Kuri
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Megabyte Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:33 pm

RP folks will not roll on a pvp server to sit on their hands.. they just battle in character.. There will no doubt be wars between guilds, blood feuds, and lots of everything else in between, you will just get ganked without being spit on

Personally, I find battling in character one of the lamest things on the planet, and again, it makes it hard to do any sort of effective organizing, especially if some RP guilds don't use general chat at all. As for getting spit on, if the War Fronts are cross server then rolling on an RP server won't help that.

And like I said, pure PVP servers offer a higher population which will equal out into more world PVP and a better economy.

(And I don't know about other people, but I would rather not have to put up with the RP silliness far more than pressing the ignore button on the odd kid.)
Megabyte
Megabyte
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Maug Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:19 pm

I have to differ with the population remark since this game is suposed to be 70 pve 30 pvp or there abouts (might turn into 50/50). I know on Warhammer which is a big RvR game the main RP server was one of the most populated. Now in a regular PvP MMO that is mainly PvP then your PvP servers will be the most populated.

I played on a RP PVP server in WoW Emerald Dream and there were not allot of gankers and such and it was pretty populated, but you know what the PvE servers were the most populated and the PvP servers were not, but that was a few years ago so it might of changed.
Maug
Maug
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolgeranth Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:35 pm

I know personally I will be voting for high sustainable population, that does not have a population imbalance of 70/30. I love PvP but if the numbers are too high, no matter how good you are or the techniques you use, you get rolled. I have been thinking about the voting format. I was thinking about limiting the options to Seastone, RP/PVP, another server with a solid Gaurdian presence, and a randomn new one. If we let everyone just choose it could be every server gets a nod , and then a couple people together end up picking for the guild. Any comments or suggestions welcome in the format. It will help pass the next 3 days until servers come back up.
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maug Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:59 pm

It might be hard to figure what the population balance will be on our selected server for release but hopefully they have some shard forums setup before release so we can see who will be rolling on them. I am a PvEer at heart but I do not mind PvPing as long as we do not get steamrolled every hour on the hour. I will have to see how the rest of beta plays out to see how good or bad open world pvp can be.
Maug
Maug
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shlumpa Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:18 pm

Maug wrote:I will give my 2 cents on RIFT

I have played in all of the Beta's on both sides and have had allot of fun so far, I have played all calling's and really like the Melee cleric Shaman/Druid/Warden, I also played Warrior and took Beastmaster/Champ/Riftblade which was a decent offensive warrior, the one thing about RIFT is that there are so many combination's of souls/classes that none will be the same for the most part. I think the leveling speed was to fast and that might be due to it being beta and they want people to test thing's out.

I have been playing on the RP PvP server Guardian side so far and have not had any problems with anyone, the main reason I went RP PvP was that the player base is usually a more mature crowd on RP servers, the PvP was still the same just more people put effort into why they PvP on RP servers. I do not Role Play at all but find those type of servers last longer and have a good following and have a healthy population.

Warfronts and open world PvP are some of the things I am looking forward to and so far it has been allot of fun.

This has always been my MMO experience as well. RP servers have more in depth players. Not to say that you HAVE to be in depth. It just allows for a more stable player base. As for the PVP vs. PVE topic, I see no reason to not go PVP, it's nice to always have the option and it can occasionally turn your mediocre session into a dynamic and filled one. Also my vote goes to Guardian.
Shlumpa
Shlumpa
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuri Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:31 pm

Tolgeranth wrote:I know personally I will be voting for high sustainable population, that does not have a population imbalance of 70/30. I love PvP but if the numbers are too high, no matter how good you are or the techniques you use, you get rolled. I have been thinking about the voting format. I was thinking about limiting the options to Seastone, RP/PVP, another server with a solid Gaurdian presence, and a randomn new one. If we let everyone just choose it could be every server gets a nod , and then a couple people together end up picking for the guild. Any comments or suggestions welcome in the format. It will help pass the next 3 days until servers come back up.

The issue with a beta server is that it will fill very quickly, I would imagine Q times right out of the gate. Once they publish the server names, if they do, maybe a quick poll will help deceide. They are wiping everything before headstart anyway. I have been surfing the official boards looking to see if the asshat guilds have picked one yet. i have not seen the name Seastone mentioned, a good thing imo.

I think we pretty much all agree on Guardian, and pvp, its just which pvp.. reg or rp-pvp.
Kuri
Kuri
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CelticWarrior Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:49 pm

Hey guys, since I havn't played yet idk exactly how the game is put together so i got a few questions in order to figure out which server type would be best.

Questions:

What happens if u die by a player? do u lose exp? items?

What happens when you kill a player? lowers stats temporarily? gain something?

Is there a difference in what you lose compared to when a monster kills you?

Can you resurrect right where you die or do you get sent back to town?

How pvp oriented is the pvp servers? If everyone is hardcore about PKing everyone then I vote for a pve server. If its not that intense and getting PKed is rare then I vote PVP
CelticWarrior
CelticWarrior
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum