TuathaDea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Home
 Recent
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Gaurdians or Defiant, PvP or PvE

+8
Garrok
Insanekanifer
Numenor
Solidhero22
Maug
KillMachine/Keilia
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Tolgeranth
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gaurdians or Defiant, PvP or PvE Empty Gaurdians or Defiant, PvP or PvE

Post by Tolgeranth Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:39 pm

We need to post if we are playing Gaurdian or Defiant. This game does not allow both faction guilds. Also if you want all PvP server, which is like LC PvP or PvE server which is you must tag to PvP. Maybe post what class type you are interested in playing.
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Gaurdians or Defiant, PvP or PvE Empty Re: Gaurdians or Defiant, PvP or PvE

Post by Tolgeranth Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:41 pm

My preference is Gaurdian , mainly I want to be a dwarf, PvP and will be playing a Warrior.
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneerhas/Sharanth Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:36 pm

I prefer Guardian side as well.. thinking whether elf or human but maybe going elf... offensive cleric.
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by KillMachine/Keilia Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:39 pm

If I get this game I see no other way than to go to PvP servers and I would probably roll a justicar. When I was reading through the classes that one stuck out the most to me. I was leaning towards a pyromancer but a healing damage dealer seems to be a valuable asset in a party. Alos I think the pyromancer is defiant though I didn't pay enough attention to know if it is or not. Justicar seems like my kinda character.
KillMachine/Keilia
KillMachine/Keilia
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneerhas/Sharanth Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:01 pm

In Beta 4, I again played Justicar but this time managed to get until 3 souls so Justicar/Shaman/Druid. Although I decided to replace Druid with Warden next beta just so I can give healing to parties not only to myself. Also gives me some range spells I can use. I like the idea of having melee + range+ healing to self & party.

Made a mage on Defiant side but still prefers Guardian.
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Gaurdians or Defiant, PvP or PvE Empty My Beta 4 Toon

Post by Tolgeranth Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:11 pm

Made a dwarven Warrior (Reaver.Warlord.Champion) Guardian on the Seastone server. Was very effective, but may change out Warlord for another class because the primary ability that I like is the dash attack called seargents call and the reaver has a ability that seems the similar higher up the skill tree. I will know when I get there and just change the soul out. So far I have earned 4 of the 8 souls (should be 10 at launch) , I picked up the dual wield paragon from a quest on Sunday and got a quest for the paladin soul for the next beta.

With so much to say good about it, the ability to change your soul is one of the best points to this game.

Fair warning, getting used to moving your toon around took some getting used too, found it hard to do the first beta, but got used to it and seems good now, the combination of mouse and WASD works well. You can also set it to click to move like LC, but I stopped using that beasue it slowed down facing your toon, because unlike LC you actually have to face the right way to attack. When I played rogue, they had backstab abilities so facing the right way was important.

They opened 2 servers more in beta 4 to have a total of 10, so second week of Feb we all have to chat about what side we are playing and what server we will roll on for game going live.

So far it seems Defiant is getting a slight edge in numbers, but can be server dependant.

Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maug Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:41 am

I will give my 2 cents on RIFT

I have played in all of the Beta's on both sides and have had allot of fun so far, I have played all calling's and really like the Melee cleric Shaman/Druid/Warden, I also played Warrior and took Beastmaster/Champ/Riftblade which was a decent offensive warrior, the one thing about RIFT is that there are so many combination's of souls/classes that none will be the same for the most part. I think the leveling speed was to fast and that might be due to it being beta and they want people to test thing's out.

I have been playing on the RP PvP server Guardian side so far and have not had any problems with anyone, the main reason I went RP PvP was that the player base is usually a more mature crowd on RP servers, the PvP was still the same just more people put effort into why they PvP on RP servers. I do not Role Play at all but find those type of servers last longer and have a good following and have a healthy population.

Warfronts and open world PvP are some of the things I am looking forward to and so far it has been allot of fun.
Maug
Maug
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Solidhero22 Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:07 pm

PvP would mostly be the casual thing ill do if we are not doing any PvE at that time but PvE would be my thing.

Gonna be playing Mage now which Souls atm i dont know but i found a build somewhere that is like a frost Mage so ill try that
Solidhero22
Solidhero22
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Numenor Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:55 am

I will be playing a Gaurdian Warrior. Just entered Beta 5 and playing around with the chars. I got no issues with PvP or PvE server... any is good to me but I am less enthusiastic of PvP.
Is any server finalized for headstart by the guild?
Numenor
Numenor
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolgeranth Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:10 am

No decison for final server, will decide during the last beta ( a week before headstart). Most will have had enough playtime to make an informed decision.
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Insanekanifer Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:04 am

Definitally looking for a pvp server. and Guardian Very Happy Going cleric to pvp heal so hopeing to find a good group of people to play with Smile
Insanekanifer
Insanekanifer
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrok Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:07 pm

Meh...

Well, after reading about the factions I would say...Guardian. I like being a douchebag, and the Guardians seem like douchebags. So I'll throw in my chances with Guardian. Seems like most people here prefer Guardian anyway, so good. Very Happy

Server: PvP. There have been many times where I wished I was on a PvP server and wasn't...If we want to do PvP, then a PvP server is the way to go. Running around a zone killing everything ftw.

I'll probably be rolling either a mage or a rogue. If I roll a mage, then it's going to be an offensive mage more than likely so I can burst dps and kill as many people as possible, if I roll a rogue then it will be to gank and piss people off.
The assassin looks cool as a rogue, because like I said I like to gank and bring people down as fast as possible. But, meh...idk. I also really liked the stormcaller class.

It's all up in the air for me though, If we go guardian then I will probably be an elf- no one like getting killed by an elf. If we go Defiant then I will probably be a Bahmi because they just look cool.
Garrok
Garrok
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuri Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:08 am

I will say that I 100% agree with Maug on the RP-PVP server, I really think that griefing will be at a minimum and the E-Thug kiddies will gravitate to the big PVP servers for that very reason.

I think that at this point in my life.. lol.. I would probably vote PVE server if asked today, I am confident they will fix the city npc issues, and frankly I will throw my hat in the ring for an RP server. I am really not about pissing people off griefing them while questing and such, plus, I ninja afk from time to time.

I do not RP, but find that these servers have a more mature player base, I would love to actually be able to have the general channel turned on. Even though with the high level of stuff constantly going on, rifts and such, its even fun to sit and watch folks RP in /say. There are some real creative folks out there, and some real strange ones. Shocked
Kuri
Kuri
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneerhas/Sharanth Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:25 am

I am flexible so whatever I am game. Reading & listening bout RP from you & Maug about having more mature player in that server I would love that.
PvP, we don't loose anything on pvp so I honestly don't care dying. What pisses me off was when we were in Gloamwood & defiants running around in town not getting hit by our NPCS and killing us over & over.
RP... idk if Tolg told you that him & his buddies used to play Rifts & still they do sometimes, I joined them before but meh, not my thing.Although I honestly don't mind it ingame .Will be interesting to try it out though since my first time to be in it Very Happy
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Numenor Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:35 am

What is role playing (RP) exactly?
Numenor
Numenor
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Maug Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:50 am

RP servers are when people try to play in character ie a Dwarfs love of Ale and you might see them in the tavern telling stories and such in /say. I am not for sure how bad a pure PvP server will be on ganking and if you get some really anal pvp'ers it could be bad at time. I forsee the defient being more heavely populated at launch on most servers but on RP servers I think they will be more even but will have to wait and see. Also RP servers usually have staying power which means they will always be some of the more populated servers after 1 year after launch.
Maug
Maug
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Maug Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:57 am

Also from my play experance on some RP servers Role Play is not enforced and you usually do not see odd kiddy ganker character names. I also am getting to old to hang with the elite pvpers of the new generation.
Maug
Maug
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolgeranth Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:00 pm

I know the feeling, I usually score very well for our side in the warfronts but I am finding that twitch reflexes may not be once it was.
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by KillMachine/Keilia Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:16 pm

I am perfectly content to roll on a RP server. I've never played on one but if the population is more mature and will stick around longer, I am all for that. While it is true I love PvP I also like to grind and as I am finding in Aion, there are many gankers and they interrupt my grind time. All I try to do is quest and when I feel like PvPing I head to the abyss.

You could classify me into the kiddy ganker name group but I see it as a role I am fulfilling. Living up to my name if you will. lol

That being said, I will see what my character looks like when I create her before I decide on a name for her. Keilia is just about the only name I've carried over from 1 game to another and I don't intend to continue that trend. I like all of my chars to have unique names that fit their look.

We're still left with the question at launch... Guardian or Defiant? I already know Tolg is goin dwarf and will be seen at the tavern boozin it up. Don't cross him or you may get a two handed sword to the face. lol

I think I will get on a different server and create a defiant character this next beta to see what the difference in looks are. I might not actually make one I just want to look through the char selection screen and see the choices.
KillMachine/Keilia
KillMachine/Keilia
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrok Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:33 pm

It's where people narrate themselves, and try to act out what is happening through text...but from what I understand it's not that bad, I mean you probable won't see world chat full of role playing.
Garrok
Garrok
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KillMachine/Keilia Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:49 pm

I'm not too concerned with what other people are doing. If they wanna act out the game in chat then by all means they can. I am very much a live and let live kind of player. Let me do what I need to do and we're cool, get in my way and I may have to kill you. lol
KillMachine/Keilia
KillMachine/Keilia
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Maug Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:24 pm

From experance the true RP'er on RP servers do not use the world chat or even zone chat that much and some even disable it so they do not see it at all.

As for which side we are going I know the racial abilities are being changed in beta 6 some and Defient had better racials and that is one of the reasons why it was a more populated side. We will have to see what changes on the racials and then we might see a more even spread of Guardian vs Defient.
Maug
Maug
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Megabyte Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:14 am

Personally, if we want to be a successful PVP guild I feel that we should go on a PVP server. Effective organization and communication with other members of our faction will be easier to do on a PVP server as opposed to an RP-PVP server simply because more people will be there for PVP. As for the turd-burglars, ignore them, easy fix.

Pure PVP servers generally have a higher population which means more world PVP and a better economy as well.

Also, Guardians all the way. Instant Queue times are worth far more than some racial abilities with a 5 min CD. Also, Dwarves.
Megabyte
Megabyte
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrok Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:30 am

Megabyte wrote:Personally, if we want to be a successful PVP guild I feel that we should go on a PVP server. Effective organization and communication with other members of our faction will be easier to do on a PVP server as opposed to an RP-PVP server simply because more people will be there for PVP. As for the turd-burglars, ignore them, easy fix.

Pure PVP servers generally have a higher population which means more world PVP and a better economy as well.

Also, Guardians all the way. Instant Queue times are worth far more than some racial abilities with a 5 min CD. Also, Dwarves.
^Fuck yeah.
Garrok
Garrok
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolgeranth Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:32 am

There should be plenty of opponents if the RP servers stay fuller longer? The main reason why it attracts me is maybe less asshats, too old to listen to your mother plugs Very Happy, I will make a thread after beta 6, we post our choices, give it to the morning of the 11th and then we will tally the results. This will allow me a bit of time to recruit a bit based on server before beta 7 and headstart.
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum