TuathaDea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Home
 Recent
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Gamer Physchology

5 posters

Go down

Gamer Physchology Empty Gamer Physchology

Post by Tolgeranth Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:06 pm

http://www.gamerdna.com/quizzes/bartle-test-of-gamer-psychology

This a test that has been around since 1996 with 650K tests taken.

Topic locked.
For future responses please follow the link below:

http://www.tuatha-dea.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=60
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Gamer Physchology Empty Re: Gamer Physchology

Post by Tolgeranth Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:10 pm

http://sig.gamerdna.com/traits/Tolgeranth/BARTL.png

This is my score, seems accurate.

Multi-player appeal to the Killer

Causing mayhem among computer-controlled people and things may be fun to the Killer, but nothing amounts to the joy of pitting one's skills against an actual player-controlled opponent. For most, the joy of being a Killer results from a friendly competitive spirit. They're in it for the sport, trying to read their opponent's moves and generally acting with honor.For others, it's more about power and the ability to hurt others. One such example is "ganking," a process where the Killer takes their strong character to a place where inexperienced or weaker characters reside, and proceeds to kill them repeatedly. Stronger enemy players arrive to help, and the Killer either waits patiently or stealthily sneaks somewhere else to repeat the process. These Killers love to have the notoriety of being someone that should be watched out for, or even better, someone to be "Killed on Sight."In other contexts, Killers are also active in the social and economic sides of a multiplayer game. Market control appeals strongly to Killers, many of whom have a natural talent for reading markets (likely an extension of their common aptitude for sizing up strengths and weaknesses, vital to their play style).

Social Killers tend to be guild, clan, or community leaders—or trolls. Many make the mistake of thinking Killers are antisocial or without friends, but this isn't too often the case. Even the more hostile and aggressive Killers can inspire a sort of hero-worship by less-talented Killers or Achievers; and, believe it or not, some Killers are actually genuinely nice people who simply thrive on competition. In either case, a bored Killer can be a threat to the community, as their natural drive to compete and sometimes (or frequently) abrasive attitude will push them to stir up trouble even when they don't really mean to.

Last edited by Tolgeranth on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited to break wall of text.)
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimatum Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:04 pm

The Socializer motto:
"No friend undiscovered!"

Description:
It's not what you do, but who you know, how you are known and who loves you. People with high Socializer scores enjoy interacting with other people, forming bonds and finding cooperative solutions to the challenges within the virtual world.
Secondary influences
Socializer Killers loyally love and fiercely hate. Groups an SK bonds with in game are often deemed heroic, while the opposition is reviled. SKs appreciate teamwork and cooperation in PvP. They may become vicious predators while enjoying the thrill of hunt within in a pack, but they are not likely to seek out targets by themselves. They enjoy forming groups and alliances that will pit themselves against other players--and they gain the most satisfaction when they defeat organized groups of other players.
Socializer Explorers love the the 'total experience' of a virtual world--meeting new people and finding the unique places. They don't care much for PVP or leveling, but meeting up with online friends to see new parts of the world is considered fun and exciting. SEs make great group members, because they often know everything there is to know about a game and are enjoy sharing that knowledge freely.
Socializer Achievers value reputation. They want to be known and appreciated for what they accomplish bother for themselves and their group. If city or base building are available in a game, they enjoy creating these and inviting other people to come and see. SAs enjoy the increased social status that comes with defeating a powerful foe or finding a unique treasure more than the act of gaining or possessing the achievement itself. SAs endeavor to be associated with leaders and teams that are renown for great deeds, often finding as much satisfaction in the success of the group as with oneself.
ultimatum
ultimatum
Centurion
Centurion

http://www.tuatha-dea.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolgeranth Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:18 pm

I guess that is the reason we get along, fundamentally the same personality. We like to kill people.
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimatum Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:36 pm

Yeah. We like to kill people and hate incompetence haha. Which I have to deal with a lot. I may not be the best gamer out there, but at least I learn my character somewhat. Some people I run instances with in Aion just piss me offfffff.
ultimatum
ultimatum
Centurion
Centurion

http://www.tuatha-dea.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneerhas/Sharanth Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:44 pm

Gamer Physchology BARTL

The Killer motto:

"No enemy left standing!"
Description:

It's the thrill of the kill. Trophies are okay, but that momentary rush attained from besting an opponent is what it's all about.

People with high Killer scores prefer the player-versus-player aspect of any game more than anything offered by the environment. They relish the adrenaline and challenge of pitting themselves against real people. Not all Killers are gankers as some critics claim. While getting the jump on the unprepared for a quick kill is important fun for some Killers, many prefer group PvP and revel in a well executed team maneuver that blows away the opposing side.

Secondary influences

Killer Achievers pit themselves against PvE challenges as well--though often it's a means to an end. A KA often enjoys PvP that focuses on their skill as an individual contributor (duels, and so forth) as well as their personal position on competitive ladders and such.
Killer Socializers often seek out PvP in a game, but they are looking to socialize with and form alliances and teams with other players who are interested in doing the same. KS tend to seek out guilds or clans that organize formal PvP events, or work on group strategies and tactics.
Killer Explorers like to feel immersed in a virtual worlds and see themselves as a great villain or crusader within that world. They seek out challenges against other players, but they are going to find all the areas of that world. Trust an KE to know all the best ambush spots and sniper perches.
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by KillMachine/Keilia Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:12 pm

Very interesting. I will have to check this out later on when I am not on my lunch break.

I think I am the Killer Achiever.

We'll see when I get home and take this test.
KillMachine/Keilia
KillMachine/Keilia
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by KillMachine/Keilia Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:39 am

The Killer motto:

"No enemy left standing!"
Description:

It's the thrill of the kill. Trophies are okay, but that momentary rush attained from besting an opponent is what it's all about.

People with high Killer scores prefer the player-versus-player aspect of any game more than anything offered by the environment. They relish the adrenaline and challenge of pitting themselves against real people. Not all Killers are gankers as some critics claim. While getting the jump on the unprepared for a quick kill is important fun for some Killers, many prefer group PvP and revel in a well executed team maneuver that blows away the opposing side.

Secondary influences

Killer Achievers pit themselves against PvE challenges as well--though often it's a means to an end. A KA often enjoys PvP that focuses on their skill as an individual contributor (duels, and so forth) as well as their personal position on competitive ladders and such.
Killer Socializers often seek out PvP in a game, but they are looking to socialize with and form alliances and teams with other players who are interested in doing the same. KS tend to seek out guilds or clans that organize formal PvP events, or work on group strategies and tactics.
Killer Explorers like to feel immersed in a virtual worlds and see themselves as a great villain or crusader within that world. They seek out challenges against other players, but they are going to find all the areas of that world. Trust an KE to know all the best ambush spots and sniper perches.

Some of those questions I was torn to answer. I could've chosen either and still been honest.
KillMachine/Keilia
KillMachine/Keilia
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolgeranth Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Not really surprised at anyones profiles, all some variation of killers. Kind of know what is going to happen in Rift...... ah crap here comes those Tua dudes , run
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Gamer Physchology Empty Test

Post by AustinNumberOne Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:29 pm

Well this is mine. Achiever

The Achiever motto:
"No goal unfinished!"
Description:
Best, first and most are the favorite adjectives of the Achiever. They love comparison not only against others, but also with themselves. They enjoy setting goals, surpassing previous performances and hitting new milestones. They tend to have lots of high scores, badges, trophies and other concrete evidence of their successful endeavors--and they love it if someone notices these. However many enjoy the quiet satisfaction of knowing they simply did better than most.
Secondary influences
Achiever Killers like to be the best-of-the-best at everything the game has to offer including PvP. They often mock Killer tactics such as surprise and stealth as "ganking" because they prefer a more controlled arena where fighting skills can be compared in a straight forward manner. Achievers often look to 1v1 duels for proof of their superior play and are frustrated by "rock paper scissor" game mechanics because of this. Their prowess in PVP is generally supported by a large degree of understanding and possession of the best equipment and skills.
Achiever Explorers are interested in the PvE aspect of a game more than anything else. The AE thrives as a solo adventurer, counting coup with each new destination and discovery, poking into every corner of a map and toying with each nuance of a game mechanic. AEs prefer not to be hampered by a group and usually find PvP to be more an annoyance than a feature.
Achiever Socializers appreciate groups, clans or guilds for than just pure social fun. An AS relishes the camaraderie of cooperation within a top flight team, savoring the renown gained from successfully pitting themselves against the grand-challenges of a virtual world and attaining goals that cannot be reached as an individual.
AustinNumberOne
AustinNumberOne
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneerhas/Sharanth Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:29 pm

Topic locked.

For future responses please follow the link below:

http://www.tuatha-dea.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=60.
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum