TuathaDea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Home
 Recent
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Rift Role Builder

3 posters

Go down

Rift Role Builder Empty Rift Role Builder

Post by Aneerhas/Sharanth Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:40 pm

Wanting to try & build your toon while waiting for next Beta?

http://www.tuatha-dea.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32

Last edited by Aneerhas/Sharanth on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Rift Role Builder Empty Role builder

Post by Tolgeranth Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:32 pm

On the role builder they have another, not released cleric class the cabalist. It has a 3 person 15 meter pull, but no auto aggro like the warriors. But combined with the justicar aggro abilities, it may be a solid subsitute for a warrior. Because gear is so easy to to get (craft) not really worried about drops, does not matter if guild is single class heavy, crafted gear is better then 75% of drops anyway.

So with that being said, I now am thinking cleric, but will wait and see what the rest of you go after trying your classes in beta. I have liked the warrior (reaver/champion), cleric (justicar/purifier), and rogue (ranger/marksman/assasin). I may not have given mages much of a chance in retrospect. but after looking at inquisitor and cabalist (ranged dps) clerics I see not point of them, they don't anymore damage and have a hell of alot less def. The ranged dps clerics can still wear the medium armour, hell if you want to use a wand, can still use a shield.

If I got cleric, will go justicar, cabalist, and probably shaman, as primiary build. Then as healer/support build will be purifier/sentinal, then as ranged dps inquisitor/cabalist and just carry one handed and shield, then swap out the one handed for a wand for the other two builds. The fourth will be a pvp build focused around the pvp soul when I get access to it and see what it entails.

It should give me enormous flexibilty to play whatever role is needed at the time, and make it easier to get the 5 person group with a tank, healer and 2 dps with an off tank to do the instanced dungeons.

It is what I love about the clerics, the only class than can be anything, with just 2 clicks of a button. Rogues have that ability as well, but as of yet they really cannot be a tank, the riftblade,assasin can be off tank, but not tank as of yet. Warriors can be tank,dps, and buff/support. and mages can be dps, off heal, and support.
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Rift Role Builder Empty Re: Rift Role Builder

Post by Kuri Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:34 pm

These are great toys to play with while we somewhat impatiently await our next beta run. I have been playing around and will probably do 2 characters during headstart. I will TRY to get them both to 20 plus and to 100 crafting before release.

Solo/Utility Rogue

Marks(12 points for aoe/headshot)/Bard( 14 points for heal)/Ranger( 0points for pet only) - I think this character will be a monster soloing with a nice self heal and buffs thanks to the bard, and good damage by taking Marks to Headshot. This @ lvl 20

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MfcN.iodo.pukkz

Reaver (group buffs/aoe disease/more nastiness)/Warlord (group buffs)/Champ(0 points for charge) - I am thinking AOE instance tank with a few group friendly buffs @ 20.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1cEAk.fkz.xukpzo

After that I plan on looking at each point carefully and spending where I think I can get my most bang for the buck. I will probably take 1 tree for each character to higher end of the skillset.

Since these are only lvl 20 builds, I know I have plenty of time to adjust as necessary... What a Face
Kuri
Kuri
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Rift Role Builder Empty Re: Rift Role Builder

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum