TuathaDea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Home
 Recent
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Guide for DCS

2 posters

Go down

Guide for DCS Empty Guide for DCS

Post by KillMachine/Keilia Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:01 pm

I am not sure how extensive everyone's knowledge of DCS is so I will try to encompass the full spectrum. I am by no means a guru at DCS but I helped defend it for several months in my time in Divinity and also helped wrest control away from Div in my time in Seven. Please read all the way to the end and ask any questions that you may have. The secret to success is knowledge of the siege, what to do and when to do it.

Spawn Points

The best spawn points to buy are 1, 2 and 3 and are located near the Master Tower. Spawn 1 being the best and closest to the Master Tower. If we control a spawn point our respawn time will be 20 seconds until the spawn is destroyed. We will then spawn outside of DCS grounds and have a respawn time of 60 seconds. Some effort should be made to keep the spawn point alive. There are 7 spawn points in total. Each spawn being farther from the master tower and eye tower. 1 closest, 7 farthest.

Defense and Teleport Towers

If all the defenses are set to maximum then the current owner's guild will have 20 second respawn time. This includes maxing the defense/attack of teleport towers and defense towers.

Teleport towers allow the defenders quick access to different zones of DCS. It won't be long before they are breathing down our necks at the master tower. Each teleport tower that is destroyed reduces the defender's respawn time by 10 seconds.

The Master Tower

The Master Tower controls them all in a sense. If it is destroyed the defender's spawn time immediately goes to 60 seconds. This tower is unique in that it can be healed at the cost of in game gold. When attacking the tower be sure to use true sight potions to uncover any invisible rogues that may be healing it. The master tower also provides a healing effect to the defenders when they respawn, the same as a spawn point does for attackers. You must be within range to be healed by the spawn.

The Eye Tower and Barriers

The Eye Tower is the power source for the outer barrier. This tower cannot be healed and once destroyed allows the attackers to approach the barriers to the sides of the pyramid. The defender's can pass through all of these barriers unhindered.

The side barriers must be destroyed to allow access to the top of the tomb and expose the crystal. Only one needs to be destroyed but it is best to open both sides to allow us different options if they are killing our lower levels on the way to one side or the other.

The Crystal

The Crystal at the top of the tomb is where the battle is won or lost. The stairs are a safe haven to heal/buff up and prepare for the next attack. Hit and run tactics are useful here. The attackers need to lock onto the crystal and gain sympathy for a full 3 minutes. During this time the sympathizer cannot move, use potions, attack anyone or defend themselves and must rely on the guild to protect them and keep them healed. A rogue invisible will become visible by clicking on the crystal. You will know if you're locked onto the crystal because a timer will appear showing how much long you need to sympathize to gain control of the crystal. Communication is vital. If you're locked onto the crystal let the guild know so the healers can lock onto you and begin healing.

Supplies

Well before the siege starts prepare yourself with all the remedies, potions and minerals you need. I will list some of the main ones you will need.

• True sight potions
  • Potion of escape
  • Advanced stun cures
  • Damage boosters
  • Advanced silence cures
  • You may also wish to purchase the other cures if you feel it necessary
  • Advanced stone cure
  • Silence cure
  • etc...

Parties

It is wise to have a variety of characters in your party to maximize the buffs you receive. Also important is to know what your job is in that party. Are you an attacker party? Are you a sympathizer party? Knowing your role is vital to the success.

Strategy

It is important to note that DCS is 2 hours long and the castle can change hands many times during that 2 hours. Do not be discouraged if we do not have instant success. The tide can shift in a minutes time. Be on your toes and stick with your teammates, stick to your assignment. It is also a good idea to turn off all chats except guild and party chats. Until the end you don't need to pay attention to what people are saying.

The only time killing the defenders matters greatly is when you are attacking the master tower and when you are trying to gain control of the top of the pyramid. When attacking the eye tower focus on the eye tower, you may die several times trying but eventually it will fall. The same goes for the side barriers.

It is not bannable to camp the spawn point but it is bannable to have pk mode activated. Some effort should be made to control the population of defenders. What better way than to kill them as they spawn? Smile

Lower level players... Do not try to spam skills on people many levels higher than you. Use regular attacks to chip away at their health. Everyone fighting and helping is key, know your limitations though. If you are riding a horse and get snared by a rogue get off your horse or hit pet town recall otherwise you'll likely be mount killed.

When we gain full sympathy with the crystal and have taken control of the tomb we will respawn at the tomb entrance and all other guilds involved will be teleported to the pad outside DCS grounds. Give yourself a pat on the back the battle is half won.

Defending the Castle

When we spawn at the tomb entrance we must then switch into defender mode and protect the Eye Tower, Master Tower and Teleport Towers. Time is of the essence and it is not time to celebrate victory until the game announces who the winner of DCS is.

It will be necessary to have seperate teams to protect each of the towers. There will also be a few floater characters that travel between the towers to help where needed. The master tower team should run out the tomb and head right, before you go down the ramp, select the teleport tower and head to point E.

Teleport Towers

Point E is the closest teleport tower to the master tower and shaves about 15-20 seconds off your time running to it to keep it healed and attacker free.

Point D brings you just outside the outer barrier. Go left to get to the eye tower and kill any attackers on it.

Point B brings you out close to the main grass ramp, close to spawn point 4. At the bottom of the ramp is a good place to set some forces as the enemy will be funneled into a tight corridor and can be killed by area of effect attacks. I only suggest putting people at the ramp if the master and eye towers are well protected.

Point A and C are somewhat useless and just teleport you from one corner of the pyramid to the other.

Spawn Points

If the attackers purchase a spawn point it is imperative to destroy it as soon as time allows. The master tower and eye tower are the most important to protect, secure them first then find the spawn point and destroy it.

The Eye Tower and Side Barriers

The Eye Tower can't be healed and so it is to be expected that it will be destroyed. It is up to us as to how long it will stay alive. Don't be fooled into following people that run in and then run away. You'll weaken the defense around the tower and likely run into an ambush of attackers. Your job is to make the outer eye barrier last as long as possible. Once the outer barrier is taken down the forces protecting it should split evenly and fall back to the side barriers one team going left the other right and stay there and kill anything trying to take down the side barriers. If your barrier is being swarmed tell the guild and we will focus a little more energies on clearing that side.

The Crystal

Once the side barriers fall a majority of forces should be sent to defend the crystal. It is important that some people stay on the stairs to buff and heal out of harms way. Also if they manage a push and clear most of the forces there will still be fresh people to step in and make a defensive push. Have plenty of true sights and use them often. Hit and run tactics work for both sides so be aware at all times.

The End

If you have any questions or further explanation please ask. I know I can be very long winded but I just want everyone to be knowledgeable in the mechanics of DCS. I hope you've learned something by reading this guide.

Last edited by KillMachine on Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
KillMachine/Keilia
KillMachine/Keilia
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Guide for DCS Empty Re: Guide for DCS

Post by KillMachine/Keilia Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:03 pm

It has come to my attention that ResurrectioN hasn't been setting the defenses therefore the master tower is of no concern to us. Our focus will be on taking the eye tower, side barriers down to get at the crystal.
KillMachine/Keilia
KillMachine/Keilia
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimatum Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:42 pm

This looks great! I added some organization to it (underline, bolding, bullets), but other than it is great! Thanks for writing this up.
ultimatum
ultimatum
Centurion
Centurion

http://www.tuatha-dea.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KillMachine/Keilia Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:43 am

Oh thank thee format master! lol

Idk if you remember but this is the one I wrote up on the Res website back in the day. I just copied and pasted it and added a few remarks, then deleted it from their page. Razz

If you have anything to add feel free to edit it and spruce it up with your knowledge or my lack of foresight.

Thanks for making it neater, it's still a dang novel but I hope it is interesting enough to garner a read from anyone in guild that visits.
KillMachine/Keilia
KillMachine/Keilia
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum