TuathaDea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Home
 Recent
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Interested In Guild

3 posters

Go down

Interested In Guild Empty Interested In Guild

Post by joleda Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:18 pm

I posted on the Rift forums that I was looking for a guild. Tolgeranth sent me a pm and directed me to this site. From what I've seen from the boards, I'll fit it just fine here. I'm an old gamer so you won't have any problems from me.

I've only played the last beta. Took a defiant cleric up to 14ish and a dwarf warrior up to 12ish. Both were females. Rolling Eyes I tend to gravitate to support or tanks since I'm defensive minded. I haven't decided on what role, build, or character name. A true tank or a support character would be the best fit for me. I am very new to rift so I'll need some help getting started on that point. How flexible is the reroll system? Can you dump all points and get them back to place in other souls and skills?

I haven't talked to any of you in game or in vent yet. Some of you going to be on tomorrow evening?
joleda
joleda
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Interested In Guild Empty Re: Interested In Guild

Post by Tolgeranth Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:33 pm

Hi joleda

It is very easy to either add builds or change your current build as needed. Both are done your trainer. Weremonger and myself do alot of tanking and can point you in the right direction. What is nice is you can be both and just switch as you want. I use a Reaver,Champion,Warlord as my Questing/PvE build, Paladin as my tank build, and Riftblade,Vindicator (PvP soul) as my PvP, DPS role. I switch them as needed.

We will be on Vent tomorrow night, and some of us are on tonight as well.
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by joleda Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:58 pm

I jumped on vent real quick but I think my microphone is buggy.

I was looking at one of those soul tree calculators, warlord/paladin/vindicator looks good for melee. From first glance it appears paladin>warlord. Correct?

Silly question, those pvp souls useful outside of pvp?
joleda
joleda
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolgeranth Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Paladian is far better in tanking, and pvp as well. Warlord is a support build, handy but only as an additional soul. The PvP soul is useful in PvE, but you can only get it at a low point lvl until you get to 50 and can upgrade your PvP soul. I like the jump ability, it works in and out of PvP.

If your mic not working log in and listen if you wish. Not alot going on, but can join the ongoing chat as well.
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Interested In Guild Empty Pet Questions

Post by joleda Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:55 pm

I will try and get on vent later tonight or tomorrow.

Some questions for anyone that would like to answer:

I've been giving some serious thought on what kind of play style I want after beta. Looking at the skills on that soul tree calculator site, I see that the pet classes have crowd control. Are the crowd control skills worth getting? I ask because I see that some soul trees have abilities that reduce the snares, roots, etc., by a %.

I read on the rift forums that some people are really upset that the pet can't solo a dragon or whatever, but I don't really view pets that way. IMO they should be seen as more of a persistent dot. Do they work that way in rift?

The Beastmaster gets stealth detection from Protective Instincts and a sleep ability from Calming Influence. How effective are they? Considering that they get heavy armor, the Beastmaster is probably #1 on my list. Even if I went heavy on the Beastmaster soul, there still should be a few points left over to get a few goodies from Paladin, Warlord, or Vindicator. Correct?

The Ranger only gets leather armor, but fights at range. I assume they get a better pet. Is that true? Are skills like Pin Down useful in pvp? Are most people making melee types? I'm not opposed to making a ranged combatant to de-crowd the frontline.

I could experiment with the Elementalist and Necromacer during the next beta. I assume that since they wear cloth that their survivability is quite low. How useful are these in groups and raids?

I would assume that since the Druid is a healer that their pet is probably the worst. Bad assumption?

Usefulness in the group and filling a niche is my biggest goal. I could care less if I am the biggest dps'er. I only care if I am good at my role. Thoughts? Suggestions?
joleda
joleda
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolgeranth Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:26 pm

Good morning joleda

The pet is a persitant DoT, not meant to be another player. CC abilities work, and work well, alot of classes have cc break, but on cooldown, so if you double up after break you have them.

You can go high spec Beastmaster (handy being only class to see stealth) and still have points left over for another soul. I played a ranger and think they're pets are a bit better, but they will be some changes to the beastmaster pet this beta.

The mage classes are very useful, but as you determined, very squishy. You will need to be partied alot, especially after 20.

The driud is a crappy healer, it is actually a melee dps class. It's pet is ranged healing and some dps, nothing to right home about. That being said when I dualed Michelle and she was using druid I had to kill her pet before I could drop her.

Any class you chose will be useful, you just need to be flexiable and have some premade builds set up. I have a PvE with some aggro , Full tank, and a ranged DPS PvP build set. One button to change and I am good to go.

Once you decide on your launch character I can suggest some classes. It is up to you, I want you to enjoy whatever class you play, don't feel you need to follow anything I suggest.

Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by joleda Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:23 pm

I just spent some time looking through the mage trees and I have to ask why the calling exists. I mean, if Warrior, Cleric, and Rogue can all cast spells, why bother with a mage that can't wear armor? Is there a build that has good damage mitigation? Maybe I need to play a mage to understand? Any suggestions? Necromancer? Chloromancer?
joleda
joleda
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Arix Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:04 pm

I love my mage honestly. We do good, fast damage and have a lot of DoTs and CCs. It's also just a different playing style. Sure Warriors, Clerics and Rogues can cast spells but playing a Mage is still fundamentally different. As a mage you don't have to worry about ever being hit or losing health if you're good and if you don't aggro more than one mob. That is the one downfall of the mage. If you aggro more than one mob you'll die unless you run. You also do have to work up to the good spells. At low levels it can be a little hard to kill things and not die because you don't have all your root abilities yet. Which is why it's good to have one of the souls with a pet to take the hits from the mobs.

Chloro is also just really fun. You get to DPS and Heal at the same time. If you're in a group it's really helpful but solo it's a little hard to use since you have to damage to heal and if you get hit it's harder to cast.

I really love the Stormcaller soul. It has a lot of AoE and root effects. I can easily kill mobs with it without getting hit once.

Dominator is the Mage CC soul. I haven't used it yet but I plan to at launch. I'll be going Chloro/Storm/Dom.

I would advise you to try one of each calling if you can to see which you like best. I actually thought I'd like Cleric the best but then I tried Mage and fell in love.
Arix
Arix
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down