TuathaDea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Home
 Recent
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Rift's Dungeons and beyond

4 posters

Go down

Rift's Dungeons and beyond Empty Rift's Dungeons and beyond

Post by Maug Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:40 pm

Here is a link to some info about the dungeons and raids that will be ingame at release and a little bit after.

http://www.riftjunkies.com/2011/02/07/rift-podcast-details-on-end-game-raids-and-progression/#more-3964
Maug
Maug
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Rift's Dungeons and beyond Empty Re: Rift's Dungeons and beyond

Post by Arix Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:56 pm

I read that today. People are bitching on the official forums about not having any 10 man raid content. They're also talking about the one raid at launch without realizing that the second raid will be out by the time most people get geared to raid and a third raid not long after that.

Overall I'm fine with what they've said so far about endgame. I'm excited to get there and see everything. Head start needs to hurry up and get here...>_>
Arix
Arix
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Maug Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:12 pm

With some of the changes to beta 6 (making mobs harder to kill and do more damage) the game is becoming less casual which I rather like, I played EQ and that was a super hard game to lvl in and raids were sometimes 70+ members so I am fine with the changes to raids. I believe they will add 10 man group content at some point though to appease the casual players.
Maug
Maug
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Arix Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:31 pm

Trion is definitely pushing for people to get in groups and guilds. They don't seem to be basing anything around soloing which WoW, my only experience, does for a lot of content. I know that I had issues soloing and then I grouped with Frank and we blazed through quests. It seems like they're going with that throughout the game.

I don't' think it has anything to do with casuals honestly. I count myself as a casual and I'm fine with the changes. It's the people who refuse to make friends or network with other guilds that are having the problems. They're also the ones who are wanting to be able to solo everything. In other words, it's the bads not the casuals.

EDIT: I just listened to the podcast and people are blowing this way out of proportion. The guy kept saying "at launch." That doesn't mean there will never be said content. They just currently think that there is enough 10 man content with raid rifts.
Arix
Arix
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Rift's Dungeons and beyond Empty Dungeons

Post by Tolgeranth Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:42 pm

I just read the page on your link Maug. I am having issues finding fault in their decision to suspend the 10 man raids. It may affect the small guilds, but will nto affect us at all. We could easily put together a 20 man raid with our current numbers. We were more than that online Saturday during beta. It is better they are concentrating on the 20 man raids, more people, more participation equals more fun.

I am starting to respect the dev team, both for their changes through beta and the honesty during these interviews.
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Arix Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Kyle, that link actually doesn't give you all the information. The podcast gives a lot more.
Arix
Arix
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SemiDivine808 Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:13 pm

I cant say anything bout difficulty since I havent played yet, but it siunds like a good thing. Now we have to actually think on our toes instead of jus plowing through enemies. Yay!
SemiDivine808
SemiDivine808
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down