TuathaDea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Home
 Recent
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Major Updates 2/6/11

3 posters

Go down

Major Updates 2/6/11 Empty Major Updates 2/6/11

Post by ultimatum Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:09 am

I have a SMF forum going at http://www.tuatha-dea.com/forums/, and you are welcome to register there, but I probably won't activate it for a few days. I'm still setting up the site, and there is a lot to do. This will be our new home, and I apologize to everyone for having to sign up somewhere else, but this site is just slow and has crashed a couple of times over the past few weeks.

I payed for the hosting of the site, so I can control what goes on the server and pages, and if there is or isn't ads. It's definitely not done yet, but I'm working on it. I'll open it up for use either by the end of this weekend or by next weekend. Enjoy this server while you can Razz

At the moment guests can't view anything, so it's going to look blank, but soon you all will be able to join the new forums.

I'm going to test out a couple of different types of forums, and see which one provides the best performance, so stay tuned for more information on the new forums. If anyone has a suggestion or wants to see a feature on the new site, then feel free to email me at my new email admin@tuatha-dea.com or forestw785@gmail.com

Last edited by ultimatum on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
ultimatum
ultimatum
Centurion
Centurion

http://www.tuatha-dea.com/

Back to top Go down

Major Updates 2/6/11 Empty Re: Major Updates 2/6/11

Post by KillMachine/Keilia Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:27 pm

I'd like to see a chat feature implemented. Also I don't need the forum being tagged as "games" because any "game" site I visit on my work PC is blocked by the network administrator. Outside of those 2 requests I can't think of anything. hmmmm

One thing I might suggest is having the sub-forums to a particular section display once you are in that main section. The main page here has too many forums listed. Just my opinion...

Global Announcements
Aion
  • Crafting
  • Patch Notes
  • Trade

Rift
  • Classes
  • Crafting
  • Trade

Last Chaos
Technology
  • Etc.

All the listings shifted over shouldn't be shown unless you click into that forum. I think it would look nicer and be more inviting than the current front page.

Edit: hmm on my home PC it doesn't show the stuff shifted over. I'll put asterisks around what I am talkin about.

Last edited by ultimatum on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edited it to how you might want it?)
KillMachine/Keilia
KillMachine/Keilia
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Maug Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Anyway to view on the guild page who is on Vent like we have GSC. That would be helpful at times I think.
Maug
Maug
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimatum Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:27 pm

To do Vent like that I would need to know a bit of java script. I'll look into it, because I want that as well. You can look under GSC and see a link to our Vent info on the ventrilo website, but I can't seem to duplicate their javascript properly.

Mike, I'll set up a chat client for the site. that won't be too difficult, and that is a good idea.
ultimatum
ultimatum
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimatum Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:06 am

Okay, anyone who wants to can now sign up over at http://www.tuatha-dea.com/forums. I'm accepting applications now. The site is still under development, but as you all start posting I'm sure it'll shape into what I want it to.

So far I've created a few of the things I promised I would:

• I got the chat for Mike here, and there is a guide for it on the forums under Guides for you to register your nickname. Feel free to use that anytime you want (be it at work or in the bathroom ;P)

• I set up a new forum with some neat features, and there should be more to come as I happen across neat things.

• Anyone who wants to can get their own custom name@tuatha-dea.com email address to use. Only a few requirements for that. I will outline those requirements over the next few days on the site.

The current tuatha-dea homepage is just a compilation of images for simplicity means. In no way is that pile of crap the new home page, so be sure to keep that in mind! Change is coming for the homepage as well!
ultimatum
ultimatum
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by KillMachine/Keilia Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Yea you edited it like how I wanted it to show up. I warned you I was computarded.

Anyhow, I registered on the new forum but I am unable to post anywhere in it at the moment. It says I have permissions to delete my posts and edit my posts but I do not have permission to post so.... yeah. LOL

I like the new look over there and you've done a great job setting it up. You've got my appreciation. As I told you before if you need any cash to pay for the site or what have you, let me know.
KillMachine/Keilia
KillMachine/Keilia
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down