TuathaDea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Home
 Recent
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What class & build is everyone going to play?

+10
Miia
Elchuchu
Ulorei
seton
Arix
Shlumpa
WereMonger
Maug
Tolgeranth
Aneerhas/Sharanth
14 posters

Go down

What class & build is everyone going to play? Empty What class & build is everyone going to play?

Post by Aneerhas/Sharanth Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:00 pm

Tol & I participated since beta 3 but just been playing with different classes. In beta4 I decided to play cleric. My spec was Justicar/Shaman/Druid. In beta5 I tried to replace Druid with warden just to get more healing & be able to heal people in my party. During this beta event we got more members in guild rolling with us as they caught up with me & Tol's level , did some instances which made me decide to go healer on 2nd role to do pure healing if no healer is available. Didn't worked out well for me since I didn't get to play more on pure healing. So I'd been playing with ZAM's souls tree calculator today (made my neck sore lol ).
I already bought my 2nd role so got 2 roles available atm and will buy my 3rd role on beta6.
I decided to go back to Justicar/Druid/Shaman role for PvE, my 2nd role will still be pure healing just so I can always switch when healer is needed (although I still prefer playing my 1st build Very Happy ) during instances and my 3rd role is going to be Cabalist/Inquisitor/Templar(for warfronts/PvP).

So here are my specs:
1st role (PvE & soloing)Justicar/Druid/Shaman(Offtank/Offheal.I will also use this build during instances if we have enough healer)
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00ran.yhcsV0o0z.xrdM
Put more points on Druid & Justicar, 0 on Shaman since I can still get Vengeance of the Winter Storm(Calls upon the fury of the winter storm, causing all of the Cleric's melee attack abilities to deal an additional 3 Water damage). Will be adding some points there for the other buffs as I level but I'll see which is best.

2nd role (pure healing):Warden/Purifier/Sentinel
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00jeG.xx0M.xN.qhkuz
Last time I did instance with Tol,Maug,Miia(I forgot who else was with us ) using my 2nd role as pure healer, my mana was horribly going down. Was my 1st time to play as pure healer too so I was horrible at it lol.So I came up with this spec which I hope my mana will be better.
I spent more points on skills that Reduces mana cost & Increase my maximum mana, Buff & Heal ally .

3rd role(will use for warfronts/PvP)Cabalist/Inquisitor/Templar
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00oxd.itiRo0z.G.fmz
My 3rd role I will get to try this out next week Very Happy

So I am curious what is everyone's class& build? Will I end up being the only one who got 2nd role for pure healing? oh no Draven is one & he is very good at it Wink
I know slayer0330/Helios is playing cleric but idk what is your spec. Still waiting for you to join us in Vent Very Happy

Last edited by Aneerhas/Sharanth on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:16 pm; edited 5 times in total
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

What class & build is everyone going to play? Empty Re: What class & build is everyone going to play?

Post by Tolgeranth Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:17 pm

As most of you know, I went Warrior (Reaver,Champion,Warlord) for my PvE build. I like it alot, great aggro abilities, some Root and PvP abilities as well. I made a high point Paladin with beastmaster for 4 points to get pet heal. To be honest it really is not my thing, I find the aggro abilities of the Pally pale in relation to what I can do with the reaver. The major bonus with pally is better def (less hp), healing and rezz'es. Going to respec the pally to high point reaver , still use sword and board and see how it handles in instances.

If enough tanks will be made at launch I am going to make a cleric. I truly like the versatility that is available to them. Cabalist/Inquisitor/Sentinel (life and death baby here I come).
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

What class & build is everyone going to play? Empty Re: What class & build is everyone going to play?

Post by Maug Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:43 pm

I will have 1 of each calling but will hopefully decide on what to play over the next 2 beta's. I would like to try a tanking cleric and see how they work out in beta 6 here is a link to what some people have had sucess with as a tanking cleric.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00jra..Eu0o0h.Vgtoh

I will work on some other ones over the next few days.
Maug
Maug
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

What class & build is everyone going to play? Empty Just a tank at heart.

Post by WereMonger Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:50 am

My poss. DPS Magnet
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1ckuA.EhRdokrMbzz.IGhMz.ekRbzo

Champion/Paragon/Reaver.

Last edited by WereMonger on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
WereMonger
WereMonger
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneerhas/Sharanth Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:20 pm

Maug wrote:I will have 1 of each calling but will hopefully decide on what to play over the next 2 beta's. I would like to try a tanking cleric and see how they work out in beta 6 here is a link to what some people have had sucess with as a tanking cleric.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00jra..Eu0o0h.Vgtoh

I will work on some other ones over the next few days.

I'm curious without putting any points in Valor & Shield of faith was it very effective of them to tank?
I played Justicar since beta 4 & always had put points on those.
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Shlumpa Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:05 pm

I'm definitely thinking of rolling some sort of rogue class.. I'm still reading up and learning the specific roles but so far I'm enjoying the sound of Bladedancer/Riftstalker/Assassin
Shlumpa
Shlumpa
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Arix Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:38 pm

I'm going to at least have a Mage and a Cleric.

The Mage will be my main and the Cleric will be my secondary. For the Mage I'm going to do a Elem/Storm/Chloro build for soloing/DPS, a Chloro/Elem/Storm build for Instances/Healing and a Storm/Archmage/Chloro build for PvP. I've already planned out the trees exactly and I'll link to them when I get back on my other comput. LINKED

As for the Cleric, he'll be going full healer with Purifier/Sentinal/Warden and I'll use him if extra heals are needed for anything. I'll be leveling him second. I'll also most likely make a second tanking role for him as well.

I will probably create at least a Rogue as well for which I like the Assassin soul but I have not looked to far into that calling.
Arix
Arix
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by WereMonger Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:14 am

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1cAEh.x0Vx.xE0moLocc.E0qzM0z

thought this build would be like the ultimate aggro magnet
WereMonger
WereMonger
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulorei Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:17 am

Im going to go Sentinel/Purifier/Warden.

Tested it on a different server, got from 1-15 in 2 hours.
Benefits of being this combo~
-Shield from Purifier
-Heal over time from Warden
-Instant cast Heals from Sentinel
-Three DoT's that do more damage then Inquisitor and Cabalist DoT's

Easiest leveling spec eva! Plus I can be a heals
Ulorei
Ulorei
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolgeranth Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:47 am

The healing specs seem to be doing well, Kinya said samething when she went healing. We both picked up our 3rd build so have had alot of opportunity to play around with our respective classes. A full tree riftblade has some, very,very nasty ranged dps. I matched it with the Warrior PvP soul and am looking forward to trying to out some more next beta.
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Elchuchu Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 am

I am going to stay as a saboteur. However I am thinking of switching up the other trees I have to something else on release. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MTcp.EVMfEz0kooz.E0z.VGx00M seems to be my ideal build. more escape mechanisms, defensive/offensive buffs and I won't die easily.
Elchuchu
Elchuchu
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneerhas/Sharanth Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:26 pm

Ulorei wrote:Im going to go Sentinel/Purifier/Warden.

Tested it on a different server, got from 1-15 in 2 hours.
Benefits of being this combo~
-Shield from Purifier
-Heal over time from Warden
-Instant cast Heals from Sentinel
-Three DoT's that do more damage then Inquisitor and Cabalist DoT's

Easiest leveling spec eva! Plus I can be a heals

I have had enjoyed that build last beta as well. Still going to test it again next beta if it will still be the same.
They did some changes last beta nerfing the melee clerics. The build I played last beta 4 was Shaman/Justicar/Druid & it was a beast, then beta 5 I tried Justicar/Druid/Warden I started to have problem with mana, then at beta 6 melee cleric was nerf, not doing any much damage like it used to. Which leads me to have played pure healing build more than my melee build.
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Aneerhas/Sharanth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

What class & build is everyone going to play? Empty Healer * as main

Post by Miia Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:42 pm

I love healing! I enjoyed healing the raid memebers when i did warfront , as well as rifts. I became more engaged in those activites when i made my cleric , and i so very much loved it! So when its release date i will go cleric and healing as my main spec. In beta 7 i will try the diffrent souls of healing to figure out what soul i like best and play when the release is here. As an alt , i am not sure what class i will go , i liked my element/chlorm on my mage , but i am also trying necro/warlock. I will keep you all posted! Smile
Miia
Miia
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mightydarv Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Mentioned elsewhere and on the new forums, but may as well drop it in here as well: since healing looks to be largely covered I'll probably go ranged-hurtbringing rogue at least to start off with.
mightydarv
mightydarv
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KillMachine/Keilia Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:04 pm

I am rolling a mage at launch and on paper I've narrowed it down to Necro/Dominator/Chloro for PvE.

For PvP I will probably do Warlock/Stormcaller/Dominator.

This all subject to change depending how my character feels after I flesh it out in game. Gotta test out my build in game as there is no substitute for experience.

Initially I was going to be straight up cleric, full heals all the way. I didn't feel right with that build but will most likely tinker around with a cleric as an alt. I have no desire to be a tank that's for sure. I'll let Frank da Tank and Tolg fulfill those duties while I sit back and blast away. What can I say? I'm a lazy gamer. lol
KillMachine/Keilia
KillMachine/Keilia
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

What class & build is everyone going to play? Empty i like this htread...

Post by Levonius Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:14 pm

My thing has always been ranged DPS and pets. Pet's because usually I have no one else to talk to while I grind, and ranged because i don't like getting hit... nothing touches this body but silk.

So Im thinking a Rogue, with the Ranger, Marksmen and idk specs. idk may be something thats gives me the shadow ability, or some preservation abilities...idk yet.

I am also considering a mage/warlock build with a tough pet. These all depend on how much pVp we are doing, if we are doing more PvP than expected Ill try to max out dps and not worry so much on survivability, usually because im hoping one of you guys will be around to be a nice meat shield for me. I'm probably going to mess around with a mage for the next beta. I have a lvl 80 Mage and Warlock in that other game i won't mention, and a lvl 79 DK and 70 hunter - so i have a pretty good idea of what I like at this point.
Levonius
Levonius
Rift Member
Rift Member

http://finalstopshop.com (under development)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolgeranth Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:27 pm

You should not have to play alone. Has been plenty of people on iin beta and quests go much quicker in party.
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by mightydarv Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Well to be fair, some of us plan around having at least one solo build because of the times we play... I don't exactly see things being jumpin at ~4AM PST most nights, for example. Wink
mightydarv
mightydarv
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolgeranth Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:44 pm

5 AM my time, not entirely out of the realm of possibility I am an early riser Smile
Tolgeranth
Tolgeranth
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CelticWarrior Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:34 am

Imma rock out wit a mage,
PVE: Chloromancer/Stormcaller/Elementalist
PVP: Stormcaller/Warlock build focused (possible pyro added in there)

This is how im gonna try out the next beta anyway. my pyromancer/stormcaller/elementalist build was decent but i must have died a bajilion times. hopefully that chloro/elemental build will help wit that.

as far as pvp goes, the stormcaller seems like it will own at high lvls and the warlock skills seem to enhance it nicely.
CelticWarrior
CelticWarrior
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum