TuathaDea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Home
 Recent
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Sandybridge CPU Issue and Workaround

2 posters

Go down

Sandybridge CPU Issue and Workaround Empty Sandybridge CPU Issue and Workaround

Post by ultimatum Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:27 pm

This is an issue with the P67 and H67 chipset motherboards. There is a flaw with the SATA Controller. Here is a video newegg released as a guide to explain and help fix this issue.

The CPU itself is fine. The chipsets are where the issue is at. This affects the SATA ports (usually used on newer hard drive disks). They are inefficient and cause data degradation and eventually will quit working all together.

You can just use the SATA 6GBs ports (blue) and you will be fine. The black ones (3 GBs) will harm your computer. If you recently bought a new Sandybridge computer, you can contact your provider and receive a refund in full. Motherboard revisions are in production, and they will be available around April.

ultimatum
ultimatum
Centurion
Centurion

http://www.tuatha-dea.com/

Back to top Go down

Sandybridge CPU Issue and Workaround Empty Re: Sandybridge CPU Issue and Workaround

Post by Maug Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:50 pm

I am using the 6gig ones now, still updating windows and such, had a hard drive failure tuesday when I built the new one, it was a old drive that I was not for sure if it was going to work but tried it anyway. Just got another and doing all of the updates now.
Maug
Maug
Rift Member
Rift Member

Back to top Go down